Sunday, March 29, 2009

my time in the Tate Modern

written at the Tate Modern, London, England. 12.30.08

minimalist collection, Mondrian, Kandinsky, LeWitt, Gabo, many others until I arrived at several works by Donald Judd, which are very important to me. untitled of course, copper box and silver stack with blue, also multi-colored metal boxes bolted together. all these foreign people are a distraction. the prestige of this place is a distraction. the lobby squashes together works from disparate artists and is a mess.

the Judd works are beautiful and he would hate that they are here. seeing them renews my determination to go to Marfa, maybe alone and with several marijuana cigarettes. I wish I was at this museum alone, but I think I will try to come back by myself and see Rothko and the other works later in the week. it is very busy here. the people are from all over Europe. this is an important moment for me. it makes me want to return to my own ideas and continue down the path I was on. there is a tiny boy here, speaking French. his parents whisked him away. it is almost the new year.

No comments: