Tuesday, September 21, 2010

J&J fall 2010

so much has happened.

we're at a point now, where I would love to write. where I would love to write. and it just doesn't matter. it is is something I can enjoy. not typing, but enjoying writing. it is not the same thing.

we'll keep it locked down. for the sake of writing. for the sake of writing fiction.

fiction is what you should write, fiction. with fiction you are entirely unawares. it is not you, it is only imagination. I do not exist, only imagination.

but still, there is many thing s to write about, mainly characters like Justin and Jessica, and I would say that, it wouldn't add up to much volume, but the short initial sketches could be written up - say for instance like, right now?

these are the first 5 scenes of Justin and Jessica, a longer story turned up on this blog earlier, in the 30 Days of Write creative writing club.

Justin and Jessica. #1?

Justin and Jessica walk into their hotel room on the 4th floor of the Paramount Hotel in Los Angeles. Justin opens the door to the mini-fridge.

"Hey Baby," says Justin.
"What." says Jessica.
"There's booze here." Justin
"Yeah," says Jessica, "The booze comes with the room."
"What?" Justin
"The booze comes with the room. It's complimentary. It's like, a Booze Room."
"What?" Justin
"It's a Booze Room. You know, like some of the rooms in the motel are the Pool Room because they have a hot-tub in them. They're called the Pool Rooms, or, Rooms-With-a-Pool."
"Ohh..." Justin stares intensely into a mini-fridge filled with booze.
"Well let's have some." Justin (he said.)

Justin and Jessica #2

Justin and Jessica are at a gas station, filling up their car.
"Babe," Jessica
"What?" Justin
"Lookit this guy," Jessica points at another dude.
"What." Justin
"This dude. Look,"
Justin looks, waits.
"What." Justin
"This dude has some hot rims," Jessica
Justin looks, waits.
"Oh." Justin

Justin and Jessica #3

"Hey," Jessica
"What?" Justin
"Well..." Jessica
"Yeah..." Justin
"Nevermind." Jessica

Justin and Jessica #4

"Justin," Jessica
"Yeah," Justin
"Is this towel clean?" Jessica holds up a towel.
"No," Justin
"Why not?" Jessica
"I didn't clean it," Justin
"I know," Jessica
"I'm sorry," Justin
Justin runs his finger along the inside of Jessica's thigh.
"O.K." Jessica. She smiles and they kiss.

Justin and Jessica #5

"Justin," Jessica
"What." Justin
"We need more CDs," Jessica
"I know," Justin
"Where is the ZZ Top CD?" Jessica
"Right there," Justin points to the ZZ Top CD in the stack.

No comments: