and so there was some of that. is it any good? I dunno. who knows. but there's plenty going on, aside from that and not much of it involves writing really. but regardless, here we are. and so, to take stock:
haikus are getting written, because they're short and they're fun. which is cool, I'm glad they're there. some of them are good I think, so they're worth doing. some aren't as good as others. so I'll probably keep doing more of those.
other artistic/design ideas have been "written" too, which is cool and good and should soon be worked on and created. with collage and text and color. block collage forms on thick card paper. we need more material, such as old magazines from the 50's and 60's and also more recent titles. more dated and worn vinyl record album sleeves and warped, unplayable records. anyway, I'm getting off track here.
and so, with those ideas documented, we can now move on to important subjects such as the Dallas Mavericks. This is the First Post Including the Dallas Mavericks.
I am currently watching Mavericks Insider on cable television, and they have been talking to coach Avery Johnson about the season so far and they've also been talking with him as he drives golfballs at the golfing range with the show's producer.
The Mavericks so far, are a strong team. They are one of the strong teams in the league, the other no-brainers being the Phoenix Suns, the Spurs, the Cavaliers, the Pistons, the Jazz and of course the hotness that is the Boston Celtics. I will not go for the Celtics and it's because of the Red Sox and the Patriots which is bullshit, I know but whatever. still, the Celtics are a rad team.
The Mavericks have a winning record right now. they mostly win. but when they win, it's because they're scrambling. they're busting their asses for every single win (and how the hell did the Spurs become the exception to that rule). they're using every resource available to them and it's too early in the season to be expending energy like that.
but that's just speculation. Josh Howard is red hot and is exceptional right now. he is pressing down hard on offense and leads the team in the charge. it's not a bad thing to take some of that pressure off Dirk. Brandon Bass has been stepping up and making baskets too, definitely playing aggresively with a team that has set the bar high. I think Hassell's been making some moves too, but I haven't paid attention to him much, which means he hasn't been standing out much, which means he should probably step up his game. Jason Terry looks really good, making three-pointers against everyone and most notably against the Spurs. Jerry Stackhouse looked like a champ against the Rockets, not scoring too much during the game but coming through with 4 clutch free-throws right at the end, the Mavericks beating the Rockets decisively by 6 points.
hey, I'm really sorry to anyone reading this who thinks it's super boring when I write about the Dallas Mavericks. it's just something I do. it's all part of this whole thing so if you read the other stuff, this is integrally tied in with it. it's all connected. now admittedly, I have been watching a fair amount of sports entertainment television. but I've been getting out and doing other stuff too.
my point is this also, there are alot of good teams in the NBA right now, it seems more than last season. aside from the ones I mentioned above, the Milwaukee Bucks are a solid team, as are the Portland Trailblazers, the Pacers, the Hawks and of course we have to worry about the fucking GS Warriors who are a huge pain in the ass. that whole thing is just somehow really distasteful to me, motivated primarily by the fact that they can sometimes beat my favorite team. and that's unfortunately a reliable fact.
the league in general is looking tough, some gnarly, young excited teams are out there. the Dallas Mavericks are gnarly and not quite so young and let's hope that's what takes them to an NBA championship.
I could work on some collages I guess. I can't believe it's only 7:13pm. it feels like it's been dark for hours and it's almost 10. ok yeah collages. or maybe go to bed. they're are good collages coming. maybe I should put them on here, the interweb.
and also I'll soon be including hyperlinks. sorro for taking so long.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment