Thursday, January 10, 2008

ok let's just get it out there

this blogger site uses a cookie that hangs on after you reboot. you don't have to log in. very clever, blogspot.

so, today: Today I Got Acupuncture! the 6th grade analysis-of-an-event I was never asked to write! My Winter Day Getting Acupuncture. by philip crabtree. here's the story.

because I believe I have a sinus infection, I called some doctor, someone from a list of doctors on a website, I called some doctor and accidentally ending up with an Acupuncturist. yeah I'm fucking serious. and it was nice. really, in general, it was a good experience. I don't particularly like the doctor, but he seems like an OK guy, seems like he has alot of experience. it's all very routine.

but GUESS WHAT!! THEY'RE STICKING NEEDLES IN YOUR FUCKING BODY. THEY STICK NEEDLES IN YOUR BODY.

I swear to god today I lie there with needles sticking out of my body. I very nearly tripped out completely.

the acupuncture office is just like a regular doctor's office except with more Eastern art on the walls. mostly otherwise it's the same. EXCEPT FOR ONE OTHER THING - WHEN YOU GO TO THE ACUPUNCTURIST, YOU ALSO GET A MASSAGE.

THEY GIVE YOU A MASSAGE. ok, I'm not saying the whole thing was a laugh riot or anything. I felt like total shit just waking up this morning so I was very motivated to get some help quickly and honestly I have had a deeply-rooted interest in Acupunctue for a long time now. in fact, I have a friend who does acupuncture, and I have her phone number.

and so - this guy stuck needles in me, in certain innocent areas and I had to lie there for a certain period of time, I think it was 10 to 15 minutes, with these fucking needles in me. and then he took them out, and I got an excellent massage and I came home and started working. and I didn't drink any coffee either, just like the good doctor said and so I got a caffiene-free headache on top of all my misery.

but I have to go back a few more times. I kind of don't want to but a bigger part of me wants to see this thing through. because I want to see if it solves my problem.

1 comment:

JPL said...

Don't forget to not eat any sugar either....