ok apparently that's all I had to say last night. so right now it is Thursday morning, the 3rd day of 2008. the rent is paid, the truck is in the shop and we're moving right along. the weekend will be here shortly.
went out to the Chaparral Ice Center last night on the way home from work. it was around 8:30pm so there wasn't much going on, smalltime hockey practice, some locals hanging around. dudes carrying hockey hardware looked mean and ready to play and several linebacker-sized, dad-looking guys in camo walked around probably waiting for their sons to be done. (boy, you better get out there and kick ass or I'll kick yours...) does Austin amateur hockey have viciousness built-in? the large sign near the ticket booth went to great lengths to explain that the establishment had every right to remove any rowdy or overly "vocal" parents at the games. I guess the crowd is ready to fight as well.
just trying to get geared up! mental preparation. can I handle it? I have no fuckin idea.
yeah so, all kinds of things can start now that Christmas is over and that thing sure blew past in a hurry didn't it? I guess that's how it works every year, with all the shopping and travelling. the path is clear now though with Christmas and New Year's out of the way. I'm excited to focus on new things that have been waiting in the wings, put off until 2008. now if it would just WARM UP in a hurry. when does Spring start?
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment