Tuesday, May 12, 2009

gears

how to boil an egg.

1 put an egg in warm water from the tap for a few minutes
2 boil some water
3 put the egg in the boiling water
4 boil it for like 10 minutes, or whatever
5 remove the egg from the water
6 put the egg in cold water for a few minutes
7 remove the egg from the water
8 peel egg
9 eat it

oh man it's gonna be another late night.

the NBA playoffs has been generous with their riches. I feel like I have been getting a fantastic media product for free. thank you NBA and the internet. professional basketball video has merged and is merging very nicely with the internet. there is very useful audio product available for free through the NBA website. almost every game, streaming for free and you can choose to hear the local broadcast for either team. it is radio - lots of very good sports content in a classic style.

advertising and fanatacism seem to drive the industry and I certainly am patron of it (or victim!). and due to the popularity of it, the technology is shoved along down the evolutionary road so that everyone can get television on the internet seamlessly. hey guys - make it work with a remote control, too.

a key point in this evolution happened, I think, at the NCAA championship game, when the whole game was broadcast for free on the internet, and the streaming video rate was very good, the audio was very good and a shitload of people probably watched it.

I agree with this evolution. the general idea of better video on the web is a good one. it can be a utility. it can be entertainment. already it works really well and it's getting better.

I'm not saying people should watch more media on the internet. but I will, when a Rockets/Lakers playoff game is on.

No comments: