ain't nothing happening over here. not one thing. nothing from me and nothing from anyone else. what is the point?
if I like to write about basketball so much, then I should be a basketball writer, and get paid to write about basketball. no I don't want to do that! but, I might want to work in the professional basketball industry. I might just want to do that.
so, I should write in one way or another, and get paid for it. so, what type of things are written that get paid for to be written. I write good. what sells what sells what sells? find out what sells.
this apartment building is too loud for me. and it is really not very loud. but, some of these neighbors have certain demons. and I can hear it.
copyright. this is an important thing.
nothing is going on over here. NOTHING IS GOING ON OVER HERE NOTHING IS GOING ON OVER HERE NPOTHING IS GOIGNONOVOERNHETER>
this is like screaming into the Grand Canyon, only without the echo. no echo BECAUSE THERE IS NO ONE HERE. I can only go this far with the echo metaphor.
BECAUSE NOTHING IS GOING ON OVER HERE. it doesn't seem to be ramping up to anything anymore, it did for awhile but now, not so much. I could just write it like a journal entry.
last night was the fourth night of Chaos in tEjas punk rock festival so I went to the Red 7 club downtown to see Harvey Milk and EyeHateGod and whoever else was playing. I ended up seeing Crude, I think from Japan, playing American style punk rock with British metal influences. the club was fucking packed with people, and it was dark, and there was water all over the ground, everywhere you walked.
Harvey Milk fucking rocked it. they were really good. heavy as shit and funny. killed it. the crowd was confused. which is as it should be.
on the other hand, EyeHateGod did not confuse anyone, and provided a big fat heavy rock mush that really did sound damn good. it was heavy and dumb and fucking loud and pretty damn good. but, then the singer starting begging the crowd to give him "dope" and the stupid-level went into the red. so I went from the outside into the lounge and had a pretty full beer so I stood around drinking my beer. DJ Joe Turner Deepfix was DJing in the lounge so I checked that out for awhile. people ran around everywhere looking much more punk than usual. because this was the fucking punk rock weekend festival called Chaos in Tejas!! fuck yeah that dude that gets that together is a fucking champion. anyway, the bass player from Harvey Milk walked by so I stopped him and we talked for awhile about Austin and rock music and whatnot. he was a very nice guy to talk to.
then he had to take off and my beer was gone so I walked out into all kinds of noise and nightlife madness on the street. punks were lined up along the wall begging for food and pretty much just partying and getting wasted and catching up with friends right there on the sidewalk. I cruised past and headed up the hill towards my car.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment