Tuesday, October 16, 2007

the Future and Monk's birthday

this things says there's 3 posts. but really there are only two. until now.

hey hey well hey it was wednesday. wed nes day. wed. nes. day. what a fabulous one it was, too! not really, I'm just being sarcastic. I was mostly tense and sleepy today. sounds lame, huh?I'm super tense right now even, because of this apartment I live in now. I'm moving soon so that's exciting. but, I have intensely negative feelings about this apartment. because I'm a passionate guy. when I don't like something, I probably really don't like it. and I really don't like this apartment. even from early on.

but I'll be moving soon. which is nice to think about. the traffic is going to be hell but that's Austin, right? Austin=traffic. hey kids! welcome the fuck back to school. and all you m'f'rs like me who migrated here. fuck off. it doesn't make sense does it? that's why it's so frustrating.

I could make a long list of all the practical reasons why this apartment is a suck-ass place to live, but obviously I'm not going to do that. who cares? it's time to look to the future. it's time to remember, I'll be out of here soon.

it was Thelonius Monk's birthday today. have you ever listened to Thelonius Monk's music? really exciting, fun, swinging, colorful music was made by Monk. he really couldn't make music any other way. Thelonius Monk's music breaks open perception, when you listen to it. it tears a hole in the fabric of sound and let's you look through. Monk is like a spaceman, like Sun Ra was a spaceman. his sounds are so unusual and yet so perfect and natural, that it practically becomes supernatural. transcendent.

well whatever, it's time to go to sleep. all I'm doing on here is complaining anyway. we're looking to the future! HELL YES THE FUTURE

No comments: