Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas 2008




part two of a Tuesday night.

well we are deep into Winter, this early in the year two-thousand and nine and I should probably mention the fact that the holiday season and year change are directly behind us and their effects are still stinging us like a cold snap with wind that drives you back indoors when you try to step outside, whipping through buildings and trees with enough force that you can hear it. know what I mean?

I went to England for Christmas. Christmas 2008 was a major serious amazing event for me. it is high up there in the event history of my life. I saw so much family that I was full with the holiday spirit and love. there was so much warmth and excitement, so many people in a small house with booze and food, games and skits and presents. my grandmother is wonderful, and wonderful to see her. everyone loves her very much. lots of complaining goes on but it doesn't matter, everyone loves her very much and hugs her accordingly.

it was cold, and I was kinda sick, and it didn't matter. Christmas two-thousand and eight was fantastic. a fantastic and ambitious family event.

seriously though, it was cold in England. anyway - new year's eve, with my cousins, was as good as it could have been, and what I mean is, it was a good one. drinks and hi-jinx with all the cousins. and driving through the grey landscape the next morning, tired and thinking that right then was the morning of the first day of the year.

well it is the New Year and it is the time to make a change in your life if you need one. I sure need one. scratch that, I need lots. which means, I guess, that it is time to go to work. time to get to work. time to make a change in 09.

1 comment:

Sinclair Fleetwood said...

sounds wonderfully warm and special. like how it felt when we were kids.