Monday, January 26, 2009

it's phototime

thanks Sinclair! Sinclair told me how to move the pictures around. hell yeah let's try this out. I have alot of pictures.

this is a picture of a mailbox in Frimley, England. nothing special about it really, but the color and lines are worth mentioning.


this next photo makes a decent companion to that one, although it was taken in Austin, Tx, and much earlier in the year.



is this going well? I'm not sure. my problem with the pictures is fixed(ish) though so that is kickass. I gotta get used to this weird photo-placement interface. it seems very rubbery. but thanks very much Sinclair for the tip! hell yes, it's time for photos.
I just looked at this through the published-view and it looks retarded. but I can't be bothered to fix it. I have the knowledge now so I can make it look right later. not this post but future, prettier posts.
this editor is still buggy though. for instance, I can't insert line breaks between the paragraphs. it won't let me. and I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right. this blog is going down the tubes! maybe I should just delete it. probably. but there is something else to put on here which is this list.
landmark hiphop/rap records by year (ongoing).
1989 Straight Outta Compton - N.W.A.
1989 3 Feet High and Rising - De La Soul
1990 Amerikkka's Most Wanted - Ice Cube
1991 The Low End Theory - A Tribe Called Quest
1991 I Wish My Brother George Was Here - Del the Funkee Homosapien
1992 The Chronic - Dr Dre
1992 Daily Operation - Gang Starr
1993 Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) - Wu-Tang Clan
1993 93 'til Infinity - Souls of Mischief
1994 Illmatic - Nas
1994 Do You Want More?!!!??! - The Roots
1994 Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik - OutKast
1996 Reasonable Doubt - Jay-Z
1998 Black Star - Mos Def & Talib Kweli
I'm still trying to fill in 1995 and 1997. there's dope records from then of course but my mind (or my motivation) has reached it's limit. it's a work in progress though and all suggestions will be considered.
and lastly, since this blog is piecemeal as hell anyway, is the Charlie Rose show online which is a ridiculous resource and I'll probably completely burn myself out watching him interview kickass people. don't miss out: http://www.charlierose.com/

1 comment:

Sinclair Fleetwood said...

wow. i'm kind of having a giggle fit right now because that is one of the most amazingly random things i have ever read. photos, photos, blog tech, hip hop, charlie rose! hahahaha oh man.

keep messing with the format, you'll figure it out. you can also choose the alignment of the photos with regard to text when you insert them. i'm glad you are free from photo insertion prison.