Thursday, April 30, 2009

blogsketball 0409

we're neck deep in playoffs! drowning in playoffs games!! this is the f'n shit right here, the eye of the storm, the dead center of media professional basketball championship games. THIS IS THE NBA PLAYOFFS. and it's nice.

this evening, in a historic game in a historic series, the Chicago Bulls beat the Boston Celtics in triple overtime to tie the series 3 games to 3. unbelievable. the Celtics are the reigning champs. and they might get taken out next game.

seriously though, you have to give credit to the Bulls. I haven't really been paying attention to them this season, but I guess they were over there in Chicago getting super-badass and ready to win games, because they are on fire. they have tied the playoff series with the defending champs.

you know what, now that I think of it, I'm tired of hearing about teams who aren't as good because they're missing their star player, who is injured. perfect example is Kevin Garnett, who hasn't played in any playoffs games due to an injury, I think it's his ankle. but he doesn't play, so the Celtics aren't as good, which is true...but I'm still tired of hearing about it. same with Manu Ginobli and the Spurs.

which brings me to the high point of this blog.

the Dallas Mavericks have defeated the San Antonion Spurs in the first series of the 09 Playoffs. the Mavericks have elimated the Spurs. Mavs win 4 out of 5 games. Dallas Mavericks, 6th seed, got their shit together.

why? I don't know. everyone is healthy? or mostly healthy? Josh Howard has been like a rock for a good string of games, he has been reliable and very productive. Dirk, Jet, Kidd - all playing like madmen, with a focus and energy that we haven't seen in awhile. Barea has come in and run circles around opponents. he had some sick lay-ups in this past series. ran right past Duncan and Bonner, etc. Jet has played so well he was awarded 6th man of the year. he hits threes and the pull-up jumper. and we CANNOT forget, playing defense and offense, Erick Dampier and Brandon Bass. those dudes work hard. Dampier has been smacking down blocked shots and he will dunk on you too. Brandon Bass plays some sick defense too, and he will score on you as well. I'll even give some credit to Singleton and definely Antoine Wright who I am liking alot these days, he's an impressive roll-player. and hey Hollins brought some energy too.

nevertheless, what is most imporant is the next series. and I'm not getting into any other team's series' on this blog either because it could really go on and on.

The Dallas Mavericks vs, the Denver Nuggets.

this is what we are looking at here.

the Nuggets are a nasty team in a really good way. I have always liked watching the Denver Nuggets, for as long as I have been watching basketball. I really liked the Iverson/Anthony team-up and now they have Chauncey Billups...you know what, I already wrote this on the other blog. I don't know who reads that blog over there so I'm not sure what I'm repeating or to whom. if you do read the styledevice blog then please leave comments somewhere so I'll know. or follow it!

Game 1 is on Saturday afternoon, I believe. in fact, I'll check right now.

see? I was wrong. good thing I checked - the first game of Dallas v. Denver is on Sunday 5/3 at 2:30pm. it is one not to miss, which is true for all games from here on out.

good night!

No comments: