well, it only makes sense to blog here, about the blog over there, and say things that are not broadcasted to the group. this is an unusual dynamic we have going here, where people are reading arbitrarily (in theory) and not reading what they're seeking out. what if I write something that is shocking to some people, but not shocking at all to me? they shouldn't have to be exposed to that if they don't want to. I put the Adult Content warning up, so maybe that will help. side note to self, this is an excellent time to start write more offline, repeat, OFFLINE, so that there are other things going on too, in various areas, that no one is seeing, not for awhile and for broader avenues. honestly I was kind of worried that this blog would die out entirely and 30 Days of Write would take over. but maybe that won't happen, maybe that's why I'm here right now. anyway, in my vision of my writing right now, life is pretty rough, in the sense of things like Fight Club and Quentin Tarantino, even though I'm not much of a fan of Quentin Tarantino. can I be his distant cousin?
I think I would also liken it to Raymond Carver or Don DeLillo. I really need to read more Don DeLillo. but Underworld is a big book. anyway I'm talking about the tone of the writing. I'm not trying to compare myself to those writers, I'm just saying it is something I aspire to. and also, that shit makes good movies.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
have you read White Noise? Fascinating book.
I have read White Noise but it was a looong time ago. now would be a good time to re-read it.
i find it intriguing that you are writing in both blogs. It's like a surprise every time.
Post a Comment